Chaucer Energy IPO
Quick-to-power generation and quick-to-revenue
Chaucer Energy Limited (Chaucer) is an Australian company with world-leading InSitu-Gasification (ISG) expertise operating across key coal assets in Chile.
It utilises ISG to provide gas & electricity to regions in urgent need of energy supply. With ISG recognised by the Chilean government within its National Energy Agenda, Chaucer’s model is “quick-to-power generation and quick-to-revenue”.
Chaucer is raising $4.5m to $5.5m to establish a JORC over its Maullin Concessions in Chile and prepare for gas production and first revenue in 2022/23.
Key offer proposed dates
- ASIC lodgement of Offer Document 09 October 2020
- IPO Opens 19 October 2020
- Broker Firm Offer due by 30 October 2020
- Closing Date 11 November 2020
- Allotment Date 25 November 2020
- Dispatch of holding statements 26 November 2020
- Commencement of trading on ASX 1 December 2020
Background to the Company and the IPO
With 18m people Chile has the highest per-capita GDP in South America
- Electricity demand has doubled since 2000 & is set to more than double again by 2050
- Chile is a modern, Pacific-Nation economy
Chile has 8th highest electricity price for industry amongst International Energy Agency (IEA) nations
Firewood accounts for ~60% of domestic energy production! Cleaner energy is an urgent bio-health issue
Chilean Govt is supportive for projects that add domestic power generation & gas supply including the Chaucer Energy Project
- The Chilean Environmental Assessment Service (EEA) has confirmed that ISG operations are not subject to any ban or moratorium
Exploration Concessions have been granted for three project locations chosen on the basis of known coal deposits, past drilling data, existing coal geology and local energy needs
A fast-to-market project strategy
- Chilean Government has previous experience of ISG
- No preliminary trial is planned – 3MW of power generation needs minimal approvals
- Indicative costing for power development on granted Concessions already undertaken
- IPO proceeds to take Chaucer through to point of well Ignition and first gas flow
A small & staged power play is planned to minimise capex and risk, and create early revenue
- Creating revenue from power generation in 2022/23
High growth revenue opportunities through modular-MW expansion and then multiple sites operating
Post-listing regular and important milestones to grow the market cap objective
Complimentary portfolio review
Register your contact details here for a complimentary portfolio review.